Summer Programs Information

Summer Programs Information

Summer School Math & English Remediation

SCCS will offer summer school support and remediation for current students. The focus will be on English and Algebra I. Students in all grades are welcome to attend the free summer school session. Class will be held Tuesday through Friday from 8am-12pm beginning May 31st and ending June 10th. Students will be able to take/retake the LEAP 2025 Algebra I Assessment on-campus the week of June 20-24. Additional details on the test schedule will be provided during summer school. Students interested in Summer School must register by Friday, May 20, 2022.

By signing up for Summer School, I agree to the following terms and conditions:

  • I am responsible for my own transportation; I will arrive promptly at 8:00 am and be picked up at 12:00pm. Drop off and pickup will be in the front of the school.
  • I will attend class daily.
  • I understand that Summer School is not credit recovery and will not be graded or used to replace a course grade. The intention of the program is to prepare students for high school and/or for the LEAP 2025 Algebra I/English I/English II Assessments.

Click on the link below to download and print the Summer School Enrollment form.  Completed forms must be submitted to the office by Friday, May 20, 2022.

 Summer School 2022.pdf 

High School Credit Recovery

SCCS will offer virtual credit recovery for current high school students beginning May 31, 2022 through July 15, 2022. Credit recovery courses will be completed utilizing Edgenuity and monitored by SCCS staff. These courses are 100% online and will require students to have a reliable computer and internet access. Students may recover a maximum of two courses. The cost for each course will be $150 and is non-refundable. A mandatory information meeting and introduction to Edgenuity will be held on May 31, 2022 at 9:00am in the cafeteria; families can also attend virtually via zoom. Students interested in credit recovery must register by submitting the Credit Recovery form by May 31, 2022.

By registering for virtual credit recovery with SCCS, I agree to the following terms and conditions:

  • My parents/guardians and I will attend the mandatory informational meeting on May 31 at 9:00am either on campus in the cafeteria or via Zoom. If I do not attend the meeting, I will not be eligible to participate in the credit recovery course(s).
  • The course(s) will begin on May 31 and must be completed in full by July 15. No extensions will be offered and the grade will be considered final at midnight on July 15.
  • I will monitor my grade and progress daily. I understand that the “actual” grade listed on my progress report will be the grade that I will earn in the credit recovery course(s).
  • Courses that require a Statewide LEAP Assessment will factor in a LEAP score at 30%, the Edgenuity course will comprise the other 70% of the course grade.
  • I understand that SCCS staff will be available for support Tuesday through Friday from 8am-3pm only. Outside these days and times, I can access Edgenuity tutors and support center for assistance. Exams will not be unlocked outside of these hours.

Click the link below to download and print the Credit Recovery form.  Completed forms should be submitted to the office by May 31, 2022.

Credit Recovery 2022.pdf

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.